Obesity, Implies that the body is consuming more calories than it needs, which means that there is an excess amount of body fat. Also called being overweight. This condition is not just a concern of physical appearance; instead, it is also a key factor leading to several health-related problems like cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, diabetes, and in some cases, cancer.
You are liable to become overweight if there is an imbalance between the number of calories you are consuming and the number of calories that are being expended. In other words, if you are overeating and moving too little (lack of exercise), then the extra calories that are being consumed are not burned and instead are stored in the body in the form of fat. Hence, the idea of a healthy lifestyle revolves around the maintenance of a healthy body weight. In context, as mentioned earlier, by maintaining a healthy body weight, we can significantly reduce the risk of numerous diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and disorders of the heart. The essential factor of weight loss or deadweight loss The most prominent factor in the loss of weight is calorie balance. To put it simply, if you are eating more calories, than your body is using, you will start to gain weight. Here a well-maintained equilibrium between the supply and the requirement of energy (calories) is essential. There are two basic strategies that are most effective for losing weight:
- Changing your dietary habits
- Changing your lifestyle
Article: The Concerns of Dark Circles
Changes in dietary habits
- Reduce the intake of Carbs (sugars) and Fats from your daily diet.
- Eat more high-protein foods.
- Drink lots of water in general, drinking water, especially before meals, helps to regulate appetite.
- Eat natural, whole foods (single-ingredient) and avoid processed foods (having added amounts of calories).
- Make sure that healthy snacks are always available at your home instead of junk food.
- Drink unsweetened coffee and green tea. This is a great way to burn the excess fat in the body.
- Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables as they contain the best and essential nutrients.
- Limit the consumption of refined sugars and liquid carbohydrates in your diet.
- Prefer the use of unsaturated fats over saturated fats while cooking.
- Eat more fiber-rich foods and also take probiotics.
Changing Your Lifestyle
- Instead of focusing on the goal of losing weight, eat to become a healthier, happier, and fitter person.
- Do regular exercises and other physical activities such as sports.
- You can improve both your mental and physical health by doing some cardio (power walking, jogging cycling, etc.)
- Be conscious of your food choices and pay attention to your hunger and satiety cues.
- Maintain good dental hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth regularly.
- Regulate your sleep-wake cycle and make sure that you are getting enough sleep—lack of sleep results in a disoriented daily routine and abnormal appetite.
- Count your calories from time to time to keep track of how much you are consuming and how much should be burned accordingly.
- Control your cravings and addictions toward junk food.
- Eat slowly and reduce the serving size (use smaller plates).
- Strengthen your willpower and always stay in a positive state of mind.
Article: Health Benefits of Mango